Date of Last Revision: 29 October 2012
Welcome to www.hps.com.au (the Site). The Site is owned and operated by HPS Services Pty Ltd ACN 160 438 559 of 151 Pirie Street, Adelaide, South Australia 5000 (collectively, ‘us’, ‘we’ or ‘HPS’). The term ‘you’ refers to the person accessing or using the Site or our Services (as defined below), or the company or organisation on whose behalf that person accesses the Site or our Services.
Acceptance of Terms
Use of the Site
As a Registered User, you are able to:
- receive information and email communications from us;
- subscribe to HPS’ e-bulletins, DrugAlert, Drugline and Knowledge Centre (Publications); and
- download Publications.
As a Registered User, you agree to provide accurate and complete information about yourself and to keep this information up-to-date at all times (User Registration Information).
As a User of this Site, you must not:
- infringe any intellectual property right of any person or be in breach of any legal duty owed to any person, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- reproduce any Site Content (as defined below) including our Publications without our express written permission, which we may grant or withhold at our absolute discretion;
- seek reimbursement from any other party for access to this Site or on-sell any information obtained from this Site;
- deceive or be likely to deceive any person, impersonate any other person while using this Site, conduct yourself in an offensive manner while using this Site, or use this Site for any illegal, immoral or harmful purpose;
- submit, post, upload, email or otherwise send or transmit to this Site, or any User, anything that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, harm, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or equipment linked directly or indirectly to this Site; or
- interfere with this Site or the servers or networks underlying or connected to this Site or violate any of the procedures, policies or regulations of this Site or any networks connected to this Site.
No Site Content may be modified, adapted, copied, distributed, communicated, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, transmitted, sold, assigned, duplicated or licensed in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, without our prior written consent. In addition, you agree not to use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction methods in connection with the Site.
Provided that you are eligible to use the Site, you are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, limited licence to access and use the Site and the Site Content and to download or print a copy of a portion of the Site Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you keep all copyright or other proprietary notices intact. No other licence to intellectual property rights is conferred. This licence is revocable at any time without notice and with or without cause.
Any use of the Site or the Site Content other than as specifically authorised, without our prior written permission, is strictly prohibited and will terminate the licence granted.
Where the information made available on this Site contains opinions or judgements
of third parties:
- you acknowledge that any opinions, advice, information or content by third parties remain the responsibility of those third parties and we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of that content or its fitness for any particular purpose;
- we do not purport to endorse the contents of that opinion or advice nor the accuracy or reliability of that opinion or advice; and
- we do not accept liability for loss or damage caused by your reliance upon any information obtained through this service and it remains your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of any such information.
Information procured from a third party may be the subject of copyright owned by that third party. We hereby expressly disclaim any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party sites. No responsibility is taken for any information or services, which may appear on any linked Sites.
The Site Content is general in nature and has not been prepared having regard to any person’s specific objectives, health situation or needs. While every effort is taken to ensure the information is accurate, we do not represent or warrant that this information is correct,
current, complete, reliable or suitable for any purpose and it must not be relied on by you
or any other person as a substitute for appropriate medical and other advice tailored to
We do not accept any responsibility or liability to any person for the information or advice (or the use of such information or advice), which is provided on the Site or incorporated into it by reference. The information on the Site is provided on the basis that all persons accessing the Site undertake responsibility for assessing the relevance, completeness and accuracy of its content, and to seek professional advice where necessary. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we disclaim all responsibility and liability for any direct or indirect loss, damage, cost or expense whatsoever in the use of or reliance upon this information.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all implied representations, warranties, terms and conditions of any kind whatsoever (whether implied by common law, statute or otherwise), including any implied representations, warranties, terms or conditions that this Site, the Site Content or the Services are of satisfactory quality or fit for their purpose.
The Site Content is not to be displayed, except in full screen format. No liability is accepted for any information or services, which may appear in any other format. We do not warrant the availability, functionality or performance of the website, the electronic transmission, receipt authentication, lodgement or any other dealing whatsoever with electronic documents or mail
or any other data, or the use of automatic language translation devices in connection with
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, we, our partners, employees, agents and other representatives are not liable to you or anyone else (including for negligence, breach of contract or tort) for any loss or damage, including any indirect, consequential or special loss or damage however caused and which is suffered directly or indirectly in connection with use of this Site or Services provided to you.
Third Party Rights
The provisions of Indemnification, Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability are for our benefit and the benefit of our officers, directors, employees, agents, partners, advertisers, information providers, licensors and suppliers. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
We use our best endeavours to minimise viruses and bugs from infiltrating the Site, however due to the nature of the internet the Site may be affected by viruses or bugs from time to time. You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing this Site does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system. We do not accept responsibility for any interference or damage to your own computer system which arises in connection with your use of this Site or any linked web site.
Termination of Access
principal and agent.
- Notice: Any legal notices or communications regarding your service account will be sent to your nominated email address.
sub-headings are inserted for convenience only and shall not affect the meaning of these