HPS Pharmacies wish to give notice that Southern Cross Pharma is experiencing a supply interruption for ephedrine hydrochloride as follows:
Ephedrine Hydrochloride SXP Injection
Ephedrine Hydrochloride 30mg/1mL
Normal supplies are expected to resume in mid-March 2020. Warehouses in some states may still have limited stock available.
The following options may be considered, where clinically appropriate:
- Ephedrine Hydrochloride Aguettant 30mg/10mL pre-filled syringes;
- Ephedrine Wockhardt 30mg/10 mL ampoules;
- Ephedrine Hydrochloride MYX 25mg/1mL ampoules; and
- DBL Ephedrine Sulfate 30mg/1mL ampoules.
Please note that the ephedrine content is different for the above products.
- 30mg of ephedrine hydrochloride = 24.6mg of ephedrine
- 25mg of ephedrine hydrochloride = 20.5mg of ephedrine
- 30mg of ephedrine sulfate = 23.1mg of ephedrine
Retain this notice in a prominent position, including in other related business units until supplies return to normal. Report any problems identified with medicines, vaccines or medical devices to the TGA.
Should you require further information regarding this matter, please contact your pharmacist at HPS Pharmacies.
- Ephedrine Hydrochloride MYX™ (Ephedrine Hydrochloride) Australian approved product information. Salisbury South: Mayne Pharma. Approved July 2016.
- Ephedrine Hydrochloride Aguettant. (Ephedrine Hydrochloride) Australian approved product information. South Yarra: Juno Pharmaceuticals. Approved March 2018.