HPS Pharmacies wish to advise that Link, in consultation with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), have given notice of a safety alert for Adrenaline-Link as follows:
Adrenaline-Link pre-filled syringe
Adrenaline (epinephrine) acid tartrate 1:10,000 (1mg/10mL)
This safety alert has been released to advise practitioners that not all connector systems are directly compatible with Adrenaline-Link pre-filled syringes. The TGA have received reports of blocked syringe bores, which made it difficult or impossible to deliver a dose of this important medication. The use of incompatible connectors (and adaptors where required) may contribute to blocked syringes. The packaging of Adrenaline-Link pre-filled syringes has been updated to include a warning statement on this issue. However, not all stock currently in supply has this new labelling.
Connectors that are compatible with this product include:
- Baxter Healthcare – Clearlink needle free luer activated devices
- Braun Medical – Ultrasite/Safeflow connectors
- Becton Dickinson – BD Q-Syte™ connectors
- BMDi TUTA Healthcare – H-Port, N-Pulse and T-Site luer valve connectors
- CareFusion™ Maxplus Displacement connectors
- CareFusion™ SmartSite® Valve
- ICU Medical – CLC 2000 Connector
Compatible connectors to be used with an adaptor:
- ICU MEDICAL – Microclave CONNECTOR to be used with CS-25 ADAPTOR
- ICU MEDICAL – Microclave Clear CONNECTOR to be used with CS-25 ADAPTOR
It is currently not recommended to use other connectors with Adrenaline-Link pre-filled syringes.
Retain this notice in a prominent position, including in other related business units for one month. Report any problems identified with medicines, vaccines or medical devices to the TGA.
Should you require further information regarding this matter, please contact your pharmacist at HPS Pharmacies, or Link on 1800 181 060.
Subscribe Knowledge Centre Updates
Enter your details to receive Knowledge Centre updates