HPS Pharmacies wish to give notice that Specialised Therapeutics have discontinued Gelclair® as follows:
Gelclair® Concentrated Oral Gel
Gelclair® is a non-medicated bio-adherent oral gel for the management and relief of pain associated with oral lesions. It is often used to relieve oral mucositis/stomatitis associated with chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
While there is no identical substitute, alternative mucositis/stomatitis treatment options recommended by eviQ include:
- Increased frequency of mouth wash use;
- Sugarless chewing gum;
- Saliva substitutes (e.g. Oralube®, Aquae™);
- Benzydamine mouthwash (e.g. Difflam® Solution)
- Anaesthetic mouthwashes (e.g. lignocaine – Xylocaine® Viscous 2%, Mucosoothe® Gel 2%);
- Systemic or topical analgesics;
- Topical steroids (for stomatitis associated with mTOR inhibitors); and
- Systemic steroids (for highly symptomatic stomatitis associated with mTOR inhibitors)
Retain this notice in a prominent position, including in other related business units for one month. Report any problems identified with medicines, vaccines or medical devices to the TGA.
Should you require further information regarding this matter, please contact Specialised Therapeutics on 1300 798 820 or your pharmacist at HPS Pharmacies.